Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Playing in the mud

Today I let the kids play in the sprinkler. I didn't imagine that it would turn into a big mud puddle for them to play in. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I figured that they would play in the water and get a little grassy. I didn't think about them turning the sprinkler upside down and holding it inches from the ground. But they had so much fun playing. And of course it was followed by a bath. They were pretty muddy. Here are a few pictures from their day of mudding.


This was before they realized I was taking a picture of them.


I couldn't get both of them to look at me at the same time.


Stomping around in the puddle.


Emma eating her popsicle. I don't know how she got the little mud goatee, but it was pretty funny. You can't really see it in this one, but the other picture I took was too blurry and I got tired of trying to get her attention. I'm glad that they both had fun though. Every kid should get to play around in the mud. Maybe some other day we can do mud pies!!

No comments: